Looking for an easy bake between all that last minute shopping and decorating?
Need something you can whip up quick for your guests or bring to the next party?
Only have a few ingredients left in the cabinet?
I have THE PERFECT recipe for you!
In fact, it’s been passed down by the women in my family for 50+ years.
This Italian torte has very few ingredients and is almost impossible to ruin. It’s just-sweet-enough flavor is a major crowd-pleaser. Best accompanied with tea and coffee, this torte is perfectly suited both on the after-dinner dessert table and the morning-after brunch buffet!
Italian Torte Ingredients
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
- Mix eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl. Beat well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and lemon extract. Mix.
- Add milk. Mix until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 35o degrees.
- Place some powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour in a small amount of water slowly while mixing until smooth.
- Add in a few drops of lemon extract to taste.
- Drizzle atop cooled torte.